Monday, April 25, 2011

inspiration

I love going to shows and walking the rows of cars admiring the handy work of others, and perhaps spotting something I like well enough to incorporate into one of my own. I do the same here of the web, pouring over photos, all the while building my dream in my mind.

A couple of weeks ago we went to the Lone Star Round-Up in Austin, TX. Talk about sensory overload!! But after settling down and thinking about it awhile, there was a couple of cars that really made a impact on me and seemed that the builder and I are on the same wave link.

The car I found myself going back to time and time again, just to stand and study it, was the "Deluxe Speed Shop Roadster". What a car, to me it screams pure Hot Rod. Although it stands on un-altered suspension, the chopped top, the missing fenders and hood, makes sure there is no mistaking the purpose behind this car. It is pure and raw, a step back to a more perfect time in Hot Rodding history.

Although not everything on this car is the way I plan to do our Sedan, it is a design I would be more than happy to copy. Simply beautiful!

No comments: