Sunday, October 30, 2011

Thinking engine...

I pulled the hood off, just to say I had done something. What a depressing sight this motor is. I ran the numbers and the 350 the owner says is in it, is really a 305. It's not that I was going to run this motor the way it is, but had it been a 350 I might of considered re-building it. Knowing now it's a 305, well, it's headed for the scrap yard.

Nothing is set in stone yet, but I have a nice 283, with a set of power pack heads. I will want to go through it before I put it in, but this may be what I use. Good solid motors, and with a few little tricks can be made to be a healthy little street engine, that won't break the bank keeping the gas tank full.

Here are a couple of pictures to show the sad shape everything is in. The cats had to be some of the worst cobblers I've seen in a while.